Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Birthday Bear-riffic Cake

The finished product! I was very stressed making this cake and my pink fondant wasn't cooperating. Was it the room temperature, I don't know. It gets really hot when I'm baking so I turned the air on to cool things down a bit. Look at the bear! It's perfect! Paul sculpted the bear out of melted down tootsie rolls, it came out fantastic. I was really proud of him. This cake must of weighed about 40 pounds. The bottom tier was chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting and the top tier was white cake with chocolate fudge frosting. Paul helped us load this Grizzle Bear in the car and Alix (my daughter) and I delivered it to the grandparents house not to far from our home, that was nerve racking. The grandparents seemed to be pleased with the appearance of the cake... now just have to wait for our client to tell us what she thought of the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment